Monday, June 7, 2010

I'M HERE!

Or actually, I've been here for a while... second full day in Mongolia!

Quick note, so I can let the other PCVs use the computers. I'm going to be stationed at the same place we're doing training now, so us and the other healthies are going to have phones and internet. :)

Weather was cold today... rain! Whereas yesterday I got sunburned because it was 80 out. Truely wacky weather.

Quote of the day:
"Well, we haven't had much time to get culture shock. I mean, there's a cow right there, but..."

People are cool, still feels like summer camp, but since we started talking about our actual sections (mine being Health) it's starting to sink in that I'm here for the long haul. Now I just need to master this language. :D

I'll keep updating as much as possible, but it might be long between because of how busy we are. Peace!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kate
    We do not know you, but enjoying your blog...finding out about the M-21's. Good luck with your Peace Corp experience.
    West Virginia fans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah!! a cow! sounds like fun! I'm glad you'll have internets.. really is awesome to be able to hear from you! -Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome quote, and I'm glad that you have internet!
    By the way, I found another book you might like. It's called Wolf Totem, by Jiang Rong. It takes place in Mongolia in the 1960s and follows a Chinese intellectual named Chen Zhen as he lives with the Mongols and learns about their relationship with the Mongolian wolves. I haven't gotten too far into it yet but it's been interesting so far. I hope things are still going well, and I look forward to reading more posts!
    Love,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete