Sunday, July 22, 2012

July, July, it never seemed so strange.

Since it's the end of July, most M21s have left... I missed most of the TEFL goodbyes because of camp and the like, and it's been really strange knowing I can't text or call people like I used to. The goodbyes have been strange, too, knowing that I'm staying.

And now it's nearly my turn to say goodbye to my community, as I move to UB. Considering the amount of times I almost started crying at work on Friday, I'm thinking this is going to be tougher than I thought. I really, really adore my hospital and my community and I'll miss being here everyday. This Peace Corps poster really sums it up well:

"The most difficult challenge is leaving."

Speaking of goodbyes, there was one that I didn't get to do- Mika. During my trip in UB/Dornod, I received a frantic call from my site mate saying that he had gone missing from my apartment. We think since he knew this time was growing ever closer to part with me, he decided to do it prematurely... and jump out the 3rd story window. There haven't been traces of him since, but I hope he's happy, where ever he is! God speed, you crazy bastard cat. :(

There are so many things I'd like to write about, but I'll save it for later. I'll basically be an emotional wreck for the next 3 weeks, so ignore the screams as it were. Instead, here are some photos from Ellen and I's trip to the countryside with my counterparts in late June:



He is my squishy and he will be mine. And he will be my squishy. (One week old kid!)






Milking a cow... LIKE A BOSS



And one more photo from Dornod's Naadam:


Happy Naadam! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment